Kroka Alumni Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farm Internship near Farmington, ME

Go down

Farm Internship near Farmington, ME Empty Farm Internship near Farmington, ME

Post  Leah Erlbaum Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:15 pm

My friends Johanna and Adam are leasing some of the most fertile land in Maine alongside a gorgeous river. It's 15 min. south of Farmington (close to Chris and Ashira and Grandfather Ray as well!). They are kind and silly people, also fabulous musicians and contra dancers with a wealth of agricultural knowledge and life stories beyond. Someone should snag this chance to work with them!

Love,
Leah

P.S. The forum won't let me post links, so I put an extra space in all of the website addresses. Use your good judgment to copy and correct the links.

Know anyone who wants to do a FARM INTERNSHIP? Come hang out with Johanna and I on the Sandy River in western Maine this summer.
www (dot) growfood (dot) org/ farm/ 25956
Sweet Land Farm and Songbird Farm are looking for an intern for the 2012 farming season. Both farms are located on a piece of bottom land by the Sandy River in Starks, Maine.
This internship offers the opportunity to learn from two farms at very different stages of growth and with different business models.
Sweet Land Farm focuses on large scale wholesale production of winter squash as well as seed trials and an additional focus on unusual crops for ethnic markets in Maine. Jay Robinson is a long time organic farmer with many years of experience in operating his farm as well as in mentoring others.
Songbird Farm is a certified organic mixed veggie and flint corn operation run by Johanna Davis and Adam Nordell in their mid and late twenties. Their markets include restaurants, natural food stores, a multi- farm CSA and a farmers' market.
Starks is located near Farmington, a college town in the foothills of the western Maine mountains, home to a well stocked natural food store and a contradance. About equally close is Skowhegan, the home of a thriving new food hub, a new grain mill and site of the national Kneading Conference.
The work for an intern will include help with hand and mechanical cultivation, harvesting, washing produce, and potentially farmers' market sales. On site housing is provided as well as food and some shared meals. A stipend will also be available for a negotiated amount.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact us at songbird.farm (at) yahoo.com.

Songbird Farm and Sweet Land Farm
www(dot) growfood (dot) org

Leah Erlbaum

Back to top Go down